Saturday, March 10, 2007

3:28 am




I did not realize that once you start a journal and you let it go for a little bit, that your brain starts to store ideas and thoughts for later. My brain never used to do that. Now, I wake up (just like now) to make sure I don't forget to mention this thought and that feeling. I am a tad behind and must warn that I may take this post into a non-linear direction.

So, here I am awake for no reason. My nose dry and stuffed at the same time. It only does this at bedtime, mind you. My nose can whistle like a snowstorm under these conditions and keep me up for a while. It's ridiculous!

I am supposed to sleep on my left. But it seems, I can only fall asleep on my right. I hope baby don't mind. I can hear my whistling kettle of a nose more clearly when I lay on my left side. I have severe hearing loss in my left ear. So when I sleep on my right side, my left ear is open and my good right ear is perfectly muffled by my pillow. Hearing-loss..it's a blessing and curse, but more so the latter.

Yesterday I experienced my first sensation of boob meets stomach. ME...miss little chest...can now say that her boobs can touch her stomach at the slightest bend. WOW! I think I will take some pride in this fact for now. Can you believe that that was one of the feelings that I had to make sure I wrote down? That that was one of the thoughts that kept me awake tonight? "Michelle, don't forget to mention the boob thing!"
Minutia becomes a big deal when your pregnant. Everything matters.

My school had a class walking field trip to the local ice rink for skating. The 6th grade teacher and myself were to walk together with his class. He took the front and I took the rear. Well, the days of keeping up are long gone. At my quickest pace, that class managed to outwalk me by almost 1/2 a block. Good thing the special needs students like to walk slow too. I had great company on my waddle to the ice rink. Once we got there, I decided to make the most out of not being allowed to skate and grabbed a chunk of change from my pocket and waited in line with the 8 and 9 yr. olds for one of the best things in the world...arena fries! Drown them in Ketchup and Vinegar and eat them with a tiny, plastic, 2-pronged fork. Aaah...sweet bliss. I washed them down with a hot chocolate and the world was great even though my ass was freezing.

Cute part: Last year, when the school went skating, one of the behavioural needs students and I skated all over together. We sort of bonded. Well, this year that very same kid decided to sit this one out with me and keep me company in the stands. He was also one of the kids who walked nice and slow with me, not that he had to, mind you, he just did.

No comments: