Monday, March 12, 2007

I'll have a Mexican Hot Chocolate and a Baby GIRL please.

I am a few days late in adding this post. So let's pretend it is Tuesday, March 6th, the day of my 2nd ultrasound. (I am also feeling like crap, sore throat and achy and tired...and I've been having such a good run of things so far! Happy friggin' March Break... at least writing this post will definitely cheer me up.)

Anyone who has had an ultrasound, knows how brutal the bladder feels after you have to hold 40 oz. of water in it for more than an hour. I knew it was coming, but man I didn't know how bad!

Don woke up so excited this morning, because we knew that we were going to find out the sex today. We washed up and went out early to have breakfast at our local greasy spoon. During and after my Belgian waffle and fried ham slice, I guzzled a good 32 oz. Standing up to pay the bill was a shocker! It felt like the water plummeted from my guts to my bladder like Niagara frickin' Falls. Okay, 4o mins. until my appointment. Now what? I didn't wanna do anything but sit cross-legged. Don recommended driving to the Imaging Centre to see if they could take us early. Well, for the 2nd time, we went to the wrong location (same for our 1st ultrasound). Huh, well back into the car we went, crossed my legs and held the seat belt as far away from my midsection as I could. We got there and I got to wait 20 mins. They called me in for 30 mins. of measuring the baby and all of its internal organs.

19 weeks cute.

2/3rds of the way through, the technician told me my bladder was too full and to empty what I felt to be about 1/2. Thank God! 1/2? Hmmm..alright, she seemed to trust me. I emptied "1/2" (whatever) and finished measuring. Don was allowed to come in now and find out what we were going to have. The moment we had been waiting for and the technician showed us the missing scrotum and 3 lines representing the labia and opening. It's a girl and she was 99.9 % sure. Unless it's a boy with no scrotum. We'll take our chances that it is a girl. Don did a silent cheer behind behind the tech's back and I giggled. I tried to completely enjoy the moment but I still had to pee like a mofo. The tech gave me the go ahead and I emptied Niagara Falls right back to whence it came. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The rest of the day was also amazing. Don and I spent it revelling together. First, we went to Don's parent's house and showed his mom the images. She cried and had to sit down. After visualizing Christmases to come (Christmas is a HUGE deal with Don's's great), she told us we had to go and buy something for our daughter. Gladly! We go to the mall and find a cute little onesie that says "Busy Bee" on the front. Then we went to The Mini. A Vietnamese restaurant in Windsor that we frequented when we first started dating, 13 years ago. Yum! Next, we were off to Taloolah Lounge for my favourite beverage at the moment....Mexican Hot Chocolate. Last, we went home for a well-deserved nap, since neither of us slept well the night before. It was a beautiful day and we made the most of it. Thank you Donnie!

We'd be happy to hear any favourite girl names! Please feel free to offer any ideas! I need a losenge......later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
home based business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home business reviews